The thyroid is a large endocrine gland located in your neck/throat area, above your collar bone. This butterfly-shaped organ stimulates metabolism and controls the body’s circulation of calcium levels with the help of the parathyroid gland.
Most people do not pay much attention to this gland until there is a problem. The thyroids hormone production can be thrown out of balance. These imbalances can have a negative effect on the body.
Our thyroid is part of our endocrine system. The endocrine system has a unique delivery system, sending hormones to targeted organs and tissues. Essential oils can be beneficial since they use the same delivery system. There are specific oils that have been shown to support certain organs/glandular functions. Working together with your medical professional, you may consider the benefits of essential oils as well as modern medical treatments.
- Frankincense (boswellia frerena), is steam distilled from the resin collected from the boswellia trees in Oman. Support for the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary gland can be achieved with frankincense essential oil.
- Sandalwood (santalum album), is steam distilled from the wood of the santalum trees of India. Support for the pineal, hypothalamus and pituitary gland can be achieved with sandalwood essential oil.
- Geranium (pelargonium graveolens), is steam distilled from the leaves of the pelargonium plant, indigenous to China. Geranium essential oil is supportive of the hormone/glandular, and adrenal gland.
- Ylang ylang (cananga odorata), is steam distilled with the flowers of ylang ylang grown in Madagascar. Ylang ylang essential oil is supportive of the hormone/glandular, and adrenal gland.
- Clove (eugenia caryophyllata), is made from the steam distillation of the buds sourced from Madagascar. Clove essential oil is incredible supportive of the thyroid.
- Lemongrass (cymbopogon flexuosus), is steam distilled from the lemongrass leaves of India. Supporting your thyroid with clove essential oil with the addition of lemongrass essential oil is especially beneficial.
- Rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis), is steam distilled from the leaves of the Rosemary indigenous to Morocco. Rosemary is stimulating to the glands and brain function as well as offering support, specifically to the adrenal.
- Myrrh (commiphora myrrha), is steam distilled from the collected resin of the trees thriving in Ethiopia. This essential oil is very beneficial for overall thyroid health and immune system support.
- Basil (ocimum basilicum), is steam distilled from the basil leaves in the USA. Basil is found to be supportive of the adrenal, pancreas, parathyroid, pineal, and the pituitary gland.
Here are some of our favorite ways to use essential oils for thyroid health:
1.Rub a drop of myrrh essential oil (mixed with coconut oil) over your thyroid area each day.
2. Rub a drop of basil essential oil on the adrenals each morning.
3. Make a roller ball blend and use it daily on the bottom of your feet:
- 20 drops frankincense
- 20 drops myrrh
- 20 drops lemongrass
- 20 drops basil
Top off the roller ball with any carrier oil such as jojoba or coconut oil.
Essential oil usage tips:
Apply selected oils, diluted with choice of carrier oil (to avoid evaporation and prevent sensitivity), directly over location of the glands or to the corresponding reflex points on the feet
Place 5-10 drops of selected oils into an essential oil diffuser, or inhale directly from the bottle, from drops placed in your cupped hands, or apply to your clothing.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!