Dandelions are nature’s tonic, and there are many different ways to enjoy their wonderful properties.
Dandelions have many healing and medicinal properties, and it has been used for centuries to better one’s health.
Here, learn how to make a variety of different dishes using dandelion.
- 1 cup of dandelion petals
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dandelion flowers
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Pull away and discard any greens from the yellow petals and wash.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix the beaten eggs, honey, vegetable oil and milk in a separate bowl.
- Grease two baking pans and pour the dandelion bread mix inside.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Turn the oven down to 350 degrees and bake for another 20 minutes
Dandelion Root Coffee
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ground roasted dandelion root
- 2 tablespoons ground roasted chicory root
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Place water, dandelion root, chicory root and cinnamon stick in a pot
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 5 minutes
- Strain and serve
- 1 package dried brewing yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2 quarts whole dandelion flowers Using 2 quarts+ of just the petals can make for a less bitter wine
- 4 quarts water
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped orange zest; avoid any white pith
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped lemon zest; avoid any white pith 6 cups sugar
- Wash all the flowers thoroughly
- Soak the flowers for two days
- Place the blossoms in the water, along with the orange, lime and lemon juice
- Stir in the peels, the ginger, cloves and sugar
- Bring all these ingredients to the boil and then let cool slightly
- Once cool, sieve through a coffee filter
- Add the yeast when then the mixture is still relatively warm (below 100 degrees)
- Stir thoroughly and let the mix rest overnight
- Siphon the mixture into bottles and let sit for three weeks to allow the fermentation to occur. After this stage the wine will need to be racked several times.
- To rack the wine, wait for it to completely clear, then transfer to a new bottle leaving the old sediment behind.
- The final stage is to cork the wine and let it age until you are ready to open it!
The delicious recipe for dandelion jelly is in the video below.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!