The list of health promoting qualities of using a Himalayan Salt Lamp is equally as incredible as it is endless. From your brain and lungs to your general mood and emotions, getting one of these lamps is one of the best ways to get healthy and stay that way – mind, body and soul.
If you’ve never owned a Himalayan Salt Lamp then you really don’t know what you’re missing out on. It is like having a constant flow of fresh air wherever you decide to put it – in your office, in the kitchen, next to your bed, or wherever you like.
Every single atom is made up of 3 smaller particles, known as electrons (negatively charged), protons (positively charged) and neutrons (neutral/no charge). As the electrons orbit their molecule, they occasionally lose orbit and escape their molecule – leaving behind a positively charged ion. This ion will then live its whole existence trying to fill the void left by the lost electron, by finding another to replace it. It does this by sort of “stealing” an electron from another molecule, and because of the difference in molecular structure of material, some things lose electrons much easier than others. With this in mind, the following information should be easier to understand and you can clearly see how using a Himalayan Salt Lamp is so beneficial to your health.
- Increases Energy Levels – Positive ions basically sap our bodies of all kinds of energy. Himalayan Salt Lamps produce large numbers of negatively charged ions, and exposure to this type of particle is associated with increasing energy levels. This is due to the balance restoration of positive and negative ions within each molecule, and our bodies no longer need to fight to restore the balance. The feelings produced by the salt lamp are similar to spending a day outside in the fresh air, camping on a mountain or taking a shower in the morning – it gives you a sense of invigoration.
- Improves Sleep Quality – Over exposure to positive ions further deprives your brain’s supply of blood and oxygen, which can result in poor and irregular sleep patterns. Producing negatively charged ions with a salt lamp can restore the balance in your body and promote healthy, regular sleep patterns, whilst reducing tiredness throughout the day.
- Naturally Freshens Air – Himalayan Salt Lamps are well known for their air freshening properties. They do this through a process called “Hygroscopy,” which involves the salt attracting water molecules and absorbing them – also absorbing any impurities in these molecules at the same time. As the salt warms up whilst the lamp is on, this water begins to evaporate, leaving behind all the particles of things like dust, cigarette smoke, pollen and PM10’s, thus completely freshening the air around you.
- Reduces Symptoms of Asthma – By removing the impurities in the air and recycling it into clean, breathable particles, Himalayan Salt Lamps are actually a great investment for an Asthma sufferer. By placing lamps in the areas where most time is spent, sufferers will usually notice a huge improvement in their symptoms and Asthma attacks will become far less frequent, if at all.
- Neutralizes Electromagnetic Radiation – These days our world is full of electromagnetic radiation emanating from the electronic devices that we use (cell phones, microwave ovens, televisions, stereos and so on). Continued exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation has been known to cause: chronic fatigue, cancer, increased stress, psychosis and immunodeficiency illnesses. By installing a Himalayan Salt Lamp, the production of these negatively charged ions actually neutralizes this radiation, and putting one next to your television or computer is strongly recommended.
The list of health benefits really is endless and the power of the Himalayan Salt Lamp seems to know no bounds as far as our health is concerned. We strongly recommend getting one set up as soon as you can, you will notice the difference immediately. Not bad for a lump of stone eh?
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don’t forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to re-blog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!