Cannabinoids, the feel good ingredient in cannabis can also be found in other sources, including foods.
There are few different types of food that contain cannabinoids
This means you can get all of the therapeutic and medicinal qualities and the natural high you get from smoking weed simply through your food.
- Black Pepper – Piper Nigrum, or black pepper contains beta-caryophyllene (BCP), the molecule which give it its strong and rich smell. This molecule functions in much the same way that cannabinoids do. It is known to reduce inflammation and has a therapeutic effect of the body when it is consumed.
- Cacao – Theobroma cacao is the building block of fine chocolate. Many people say the get a high when they eat chocolate, or that they are ‘addicted’ to it, this could very well be the case. It contains something known as FAAH which breaks down the endocannabinoid called anandamide, giving the body a natural rush of its version of THC, the active ingredient in cannabis.
- Black Truffles – (Tuber Melansoporum) Truffles are a delicacy, in more ways than one. One of the most prodigious foods, they also create anandamine in the body, giving you a natural high.
- Kava – Piper methysticum. This unusual plant is used mainly in medicinal teas, and is popular in the island of Fiji. The root of the plant is boiled to produce a drink which blind to CB1 receptors in the brain. It has been used for years as a method to reduce anxiety and to help combat cravings.
- Coneflower – Echinacea. This popular health drink is advised for people looking to boost their immune system, as the many health benefits of the drink are widely known. This stimulates the CB2 receptors in the brain which give a feeling of peace and tranquility much the same way that cannabis does.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!