We’re all fans of the occasional detox. Unfortunately, not all detoxes are created equal.
In the case of our soup cleanse, however, you can rest assured that work is occurring naturally, improving the performance of your gut, kidneys, liver, lymphatic system, and skin, as well as rebooting your digestive system and boosting your immune system.
In particular, we recommend first only doing the soup cleanse for one day, then a month later, do a three-day soup cleanse.
You can, and should, easily eat five or six bowls of soup each day while on the cleanse, in addition to lots of water – as a rule of thumb, we suggest half your weight in ounces daily.
Without any further ado, enjoy our recipe tips below:
Detox Soup Ingredient Principles
- Prepare a miso, bone, or vegetable broth.
- Add spices like turmeric, ginger, cumin, garlic, cinnamon, etc.
- Add fibrous veggies like kale, spinach, zucchini, leeks, onions, carrots, etc.
- Add starchy veggies like potatoes, acorn squash, parsnips, beets, etc.
- Don’t forget about proteins – we recommend beans, nuts, or lentils
- Additional ingredients you can consider for flavoring the soup are coconut, avocado, or olive oil, ghee, etc.
Recipe 1: Broccoli Detox Soup
- 2.5 c broccoli florets
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 c kale or spinach
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 c vegetable or bone broth
- 1/2 tsp of sea salt
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- First, you need to heat the coconut oil in a pot.
- Next, add the broccoli, celery, and onion.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes and then add the broth.
- Leave it to simmer for 5 minutes or until all the ingredients blend and the soup is even and thick.
Recipe 2: Carrot & Ginger Soup
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 c bone or vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 c coconut milk
- Sea salt, black pepper, and onion to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp collagen (optional)
- Put the carrots, ginger, garlic, and broth in a pan and bring it to boil and then leave it to simmer.
- Next, sauté the onions in a pan and add the ghee and cook it until the texture is caramel-like.
- Then, put the onions and broth in a blender and blend them for a few minutes.
- At the end, add the coconut milk and seasonings and stir the content well.
Recipe 3: Red Lentil Soup
- ¼ c coconut oil, olive oil, or ghee
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 c red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 4 1/2 c bone or vegetable broth
- 1-inch ginger root, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Coconut cream (optional)
- First, warm up the olive oil on medium heat in a pot.
- Next, add the potatoes, apple, carrots, and onion and cook them for 10 minutes.
- Then, add the lentils, ginger, cumin, broth, chili powder, and paprika and let the soup boil.
- Leave it to simmer for 30 minutes or until everything softens.
- When the soup thickens, simmer it for a while and in the end, season it with coconut cream.
If you enjoyed this article or learned something new, please don't forget to share it with others so they have a chance to enjoy this free information. This article is open source and free to reblog or use if you give a direct link back to the original article URL. Thanks for taking the time to support an open source initiative. We believe all information should be free and available to everyone. Have a good day and we hope to see you soon!